The primary purpose of the Centre is to create and share knowledge to influence policy and practice in gendered violence.
The sustained funding from the Queensland Government and investment by CQUniversity enables us to work across three areas: Research, Sector Support and Education.
We connect and grow these areas to develop new and better ways to improve the lives of women and their families. Our work is informed by the wisdom of practitioners and those who have experienced violence. We recognise there is much to be done to improve the lives of women and their families and together we can do more.
Are you interested in joining QCDFVR either as a full, associate or affiliate member or would you like to apply to join our research team? Please follow the links below for further information on these opportunities.
Become a QCDFVR Member
Register your interest in joining our research team
Benefits of being part of a Research Centre include:
- the promotion of internal and external research partnerships;
- enhanced capacity and success in attracting external research funding, collaborations and communication of research outcomes;
- access to focused, coordinated research approaches;
- a platform for integration and cooperation of researchers across schools, divisions and disciplines;
- a critical mass of advanced researchers to provide guidance and leadership to newer researchers;
- access to targeted research and admin support; and
- access to targeted research pump-priming funds and scholarships.
Please don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
OR Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with QCDFVR news and events.