The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services has engaged Encompass Family and Community and consortium partners (see below) to develop new standards to apply to all DFV service types funded under the Domestic Violence funding area. In Round One, we consulted across the state about the project and asked what essential practice requirements should be covered by the standards.
Round Two consultations will focus on the draft standards – with a preliminary look at the proposed structure for the suite of standards, the draft principles and the emerging standards and essential requirements for practice.
Details of the upcoming forums are as follows.
- Far North Qld region, Thursday 9 November in Cairns
- South East Qld region, Monday 13 November in Beenleigh
- South West Qld region, Tuesday 14 November in Ipswich
- Brisbane region, Tuesday 14 November, in the CBD
- North Coast region, Friday 17 November, in Maroochydore
- North Qld region, Thursday, 23 November, in Townsville.
* Please note the flyer and additional details can be downloaded in the Regional Forum Tab in the main menu.