The Forum celebrates the work done by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in preventing and responding to family violence. It is an opportunity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers to come together and learn from, share with and inspire each other.
The event highlights strategies and programs that could be used effectively by others and there will be discussions that relate to working with men, women and children who are either victims, or perpetrators, of domestic and family violence.
Dates: Wednesday 10th to Thursday 11th May 2017
Venue: Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, Cairns, Queensland
Australian Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Delegates: $450pp
Non Indigenous Delegate: $500pp
Download the flyer here!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact QCDFVR on 4940 3320
Our Keys to Healing: Expression of Interest
As in previous years, expressions of interest are sought from potential presenters/ facilitators who may be:
- Working with female victims of domestic and family violence
- Working with families impacted by domestic and family violence
- Working with male perpetrators of domestic and family violence
- Working with communities to prevent/ respond to domestic and family violence
Presentations should run for about 20 minutes, and additional time is scheduled for audience questions and discussion. If you would like to facilitate a Yarning Circle (which could run for about an hour), or be on a panel, please let us know.
Please complete the online form here.
Pullman Reef Hotel Casino
35 – 41 Wharf Street
CAIRNS QLD 4870
P: 07 4030 8798
Please contact the hotel direct to book accommodation.
Meet & Greet Function (Tuesday evening)
Forum Dinner (Wednesday Evening)
Early Bird Registration will receive a Forum T-Shirt (Book and Pay by Monday 10th April)
- Joseph Oui Community Counsellor and Development Officer, RFDS Queensland
- Maj-Lis Dalton Senior Police Liaison Officer, Queensland Police
- Wynetta Dewis General Manager, Queensland Indigenous Family Violence Legal Service
- Carl Williams Coordinator, Wuchopperen Health Services Limited
- Charles Passi QCDFVR Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Reference Group
- Shirley Slann QCDFVR Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Reference Group