The Centre offers accredited Vocational Education and Training units.
RECOGNISE & RESPOND APPROPRIATELY TO DOMESTIC & FAMILY VIOLENCE
This foundational unit describes the knowledge and skills required to identify and respond to the needs of clients who may be experiencing domestic and family violence, including responding to immediate intervention and support needs. This unit applies to health and community service workers providing services according to established organisation procedures. These workers may not be specialised family violence workers.
Who would benefit from this training?
YOU’LL FIND THIS TRAINING USEFUL IF YOU:
- Currently work in the community/ health services sectors and are interested in developing your knowledge of effective responses to people experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Are interested in learning more about recognising and responding to domestic and family violence, but don’t require accreditation.
What is covered in this workshop?
- Is an accredited unit of competency from the health and community services training package (CHCDFV001 – Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence).
- Provides a foundational level of skills and knowledge in identifying, responding and referring appropriately when working with clients who may be experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Gives you a Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the formal
assessment or a Professional Development certificate for participants that do not wish to undertake formal
Who is delivering the training?
The workshops and online material are developed and delivered by qualified staff from the Queensland Centre for Domestic and Family Violence Research (QCDFVR), who have practice and education experience. For further information on entry and assessment requirements and how to apply online, click MORE INFO or phone 4940 3320.
Where to from here?
Staff at the Queensland Centre for Domestic and Family Violence Research welcome the opportunity to discuss how these learning options could respond to your organisation’s learning needs. Please contact us for more information: