Reproductive health impacts of domestic violence: a health care practitioner’s role in supporting women’s reproductive autonomy
In this one hour webinar on domestic violence and reproductive coercion, presenter Liz Price will:
- Provide an overview of the sexual and reproductive health impacts of domestic violence
- Describe the patterns and prevalence of unplanned pregnancy and abortion in those effected by domestic violence
- Explain reproductive coercion as a perpetrator practice, and its role in the over representation of those effected by domestic violence presenting with unplanned pregnancy and abortion
- Describe a health care practitioner’s role in screening and responding to the needs of people subjected to reproductive coercion with a specific focus on contraceptive counselling and abortion access
- Identify practitioner resources
For further information and to register visit our events page.