Now is the time to book your airfares, organise your accommodation- and most importantly!- register HERE to avoid missing out on the Queensland Indigenous Family Violence Prevention Forum.
In its thirteenth year, once again the Forum will bring together Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander practitioners from around the state to celebrate the work being done to end domestic and family violence. You can sneak a peek at the program HERE.
This is a great chance to network with others who are working with victim/ survivors, families and children affected by this violence. As well this year, as in other years, you will be able to hear about programs for perpetrators of domestic and family violence. The big news this year is the re-location of the Forum to Cairns. (You can learn more about the venue HERE, by the way.)
The Forum is now an established highlight in the calendars of workers from a range of sectors. However, don’t take our word for it… in 2016 this is what our guests said:
- The venue, organisation and speakers were great. Thank you.
- All was great
- Wonderful, a privilege to be here.
- Venue great. Food excellent. Organisation, very effective. It has been great to connect to so many new people. Thank you. When difficult issues arise are there ways for people to ‘debrief?
- Wonderful thank you.
- Helpers were lovely
- Loved it all
- Great forum, congratulations, thank you. Venue, great set up. Speakers all worthwhile learning and interesting
- Excellent forum across the board, needs to continue
- Great value.
- Fantastic conference. Thank you to the people who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes. “Well Done”
- Fab, great, informative
- Awesome, very well organised. Thank you to everyone who prepared, planned and implemented this forum
- Amazing team, venue and too yummy food, Thank you
- Great as usual
- Very well run
- Thank you and the organisers, presenters, well done for a successful 2016 forum
- All worthwhile
- Great work
- Very good forum, looking forward to next year
- Well done
- We were well looked after. Thank you for the fantastic work done
- Great work from the hosts. Great service from everyone involved
- Love it, love hearing from others doing deadly work. Gives me power/energy to continue this important work
- Very good overall. Nice people. Polite and friendly workers. Hope to come back in the future #toodeadly
- Good coordination, well prepared. Lovely people
- Very well organised
- Strong work yet again really informing best practice, policy and advocacy. Thanks for invite again
- I’ve been amazed with the hard work and commitment